Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sepia....

(SALE PENDING)   (Scroll down for "Jessamine" - other doll added today )"Sepia" is sort of my Sasha Morgenthaler "Pierott" doll.  Sasha sometime experimented with a completely different creation and that is what Sepia is.  She is kind of a color study; kind of a unique "being" all her own.  I realize she is completely different in style than all my other dolls, but I think she's a lot of fun - I almost kept her here!


 She began as a 1980's Sasha doll.   Her wig is a wig for ball jointed dolls from the Monique Gold collection.  It is very long, fine and two toned.  Her outfit-a commercial slip and bloomers, were hand dyed using fabric dye and coffee grounds (I know...it's weird...but the dye I had was too light))

She is really kind of elf like in appearance, at the same time, giving an appearance of an older child or young teen because of her eye placement and lips.






Sepia has light eyes in a kind of watercolor style in a totally different shape and style than I have done in the past.

I think she's a lot of fun in an artsy kind of way.  She can be dressed how you like but I though the peaches, browns, pinks, etc were a weird and fun combination.  Sepia is $385 plus shipping and is a one of a kind.  I can be contacted here 

No comments:

Post a Comment